Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Lady Returns After a Lengthy Journey

"Every object in the next ... journey was new and interesting to [Lady Like] and her spirits were in a state of enjoyment; for [life was] looking so well as to banish all fear for her [future], and the prospect of her [new adventures] was a constant source of delight."-Pride and Prejudice, Chapter 28


Life is full of wonderful surprises. One of mine came in the form of an opportunity to go on a lengthy journey to share the richest parts of my life with others in another part of the country. These past months were full of sharing ideas, experiences, stories, feelings, love, impressions, knowledge, self,  and learning much more. I have grown in ways I cannot explain. 

And now I am back. With the hem of my "petticoat, six inches deep in mud, I am absolutely certain."-Pride and Prejudice
What does that mean, exactly? It means the writing can recommence! This lady is a different lady now! With a new perspective and an entirely new living situation. I am no longer parading around the courts of a university campus, but have entered the realm of ...the unknown! New spheres of sociability, new men, new challenges, new everything!  

I hope you'll join me for my new adventure. 


Image credit: All Posters

No comments:

Post a Comment