Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's Valentine's Day!

What kind of dating blog would this be if I didn't post something on Valentine's Day??
Sorry it's late.

I just have to say it. Jamming out to your favorite songs from Remember the Titans soundtrack after a good run is a great way to spend Valentine's night when you're the only roommate home! (Welcome to the life of the girl with three roommates with boyfriends.) Anyway, I spent some enjoyable quality time with Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell tonight. (By clicking here, you can too.)

My sweet parents called me this evening to remind me that they love me (they are so awesome) and, of course, during our conversation the topic turned to--you guessed it!  ....dating.

I was telling my dad about a guy who asked me out recently, at the time I wasn't really interested in going out with him. My dad reminded me that that is O.K.

So I thought I'd throw it out there: Remember, just because someone asks you out doesn't mean you have to go. If you aren't interested, don't go. And this is coming from the girl who, as a general rule, tries to go on at least a first date. But sometimes you just don't want to go/ feel like you shouldn't go. That's fair, because if you're not interested, you don't want to waste his time.

Just a thought.



-Lady L.

No comments:

Post a Comment